Lenovo mobile phones are one of the most popular brands today. But like all phones, they eventually need a new battery. When it comes time to replace your Lenovo mobile phone’s battery, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. This guide will help you through the process of replacing your battery, so you can get back to using your phone as soon as possible.
What You’ll Need:
- A new battery
- A Phillips head screwdriver
- A small flathead screwdriver
- A SIM card ejector tool (if applicable)
How to Change Battery?
- Power down your phone and remove the back cover.
- Locate the battery compartment – it will be on the back of the phone and will likely be clearly labeled.
- Use the Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws securing the battery compartment door.
- Open the battery compartment door and remove the old battery.
- Take out the new battery from its packaging.
- Insert the new battery into the compartment, ensuring the positive and negative terminals are lined up correctly.
- Close the battery compartment door and secure it with the two screws.
- Replace the back cover of the phone.
- Power your phone to check that the new battery is working properly.
If you have a SIM card, you’ll need to reinsert it into your phone after replacing the battery. To do this, follow these steps:
- Power down your phone.
- Remove the back cover.
- Locate the SIM card tray – it will be on the side of the phone, and will likely be clearly labeled.
- Use the SIM card ejector tool to push the tray out. You can use a small flathead screwdriver if you don’t have a SIM card ejector tool.
- Remove the SIM card from the tray.
- Reinsert the SIM card into the tray.
- Push the tray back into the phone.
- Replace the back cover of the phone.
- Power on your phone and check that the SIM card is working properly.
That’s it! You’ve successfully replaced the battery in your Lenovo mobile phone.
Related Articles: How to Connect Lenovo AirPods to Iphone/Android/Laptop
Cost of Lenovo mobile battery:
It’s no secret that phone batteries don’t last as long as they used to. In fact, it seems like every year, we’re dealing with shorter and shorter battery life. And, of course, as battery life decreases, the cost of replacing those batteries goes up.
If you’ve got a Lenovo phone, you’re probably wondering how much it will cost to replace the battery. Well, we’ve got some bad news and some good news.
The bad news is that, according to iFixit, Lenovo batteries are some of the most expensive to replace. In fact, they cost an average of $85 to replace.
The good news, however, is that there are some ways to get around that high cost. Here are a few tips:
Check your warranty.
If your phone is still under warranty, you may be able to get a free replacement battery. It’s definitely worth checking into.
Related Article: How to check Lenovo mobile warranty?
Look for a discount.
There are often discounts available on replacement batteries. Do a little digging, and you may be able to find a coupon or promo code that will help reduce the cost.
Buy a used battery.
If you’re really on a budget, you can try buying a used battery. Just be sure to get one that’s compatible with your phone and that comes from a reputable source.
If you’re handy, you may be able to replace the battery yourself. This can be a great way to save money, but it’s important to make sure you know what you’re doing. If you’re not confident in your abilities, it’s probably best to leave this one to the professionals.
Wait for a sale.
Just like with anything else, you can sometimes find batteries on sale. This is especially true around major holidays. If you can be patient, you may be able to score a great deal.
No matter which route you choose, replacing a Lenovo battery is going to cost you. But, if you’re mindful of the tips we’ve shared, you can hopefully save yourself a little bit of money in the process.